Horsey-corn = unicorn
Football man = football player
Horseman = cowboy (Really, let's just think about this for a minute, it is a man on a horse, not a boy on a cow. The kid has a point!)
Eggplant? (Now that is a word that just doesn't make any sense.)
Jack's first pun:
A few days ago, Brent was shaving and squirted some shave gel into Jack's hand. He told Jack to rub his hands together to make a lather. So, Jack rubbed his hands together and held up a handful of white lather and said, "That's foam?" Brent said, "Yes, that's foam." (Keep in mind that Brent said, "lather." Jack supplied the word "foam.") Then Jack held his hand up to his ear and said, "Hello." (Get it? He said "foam" and then acted like it was a "phone." I'm not sure how well this translates in a blog, but we sure have gotten a good laugh out of it.)
Daddy's boy:
Brent had surgery on his shoulder yesterday and is wearing a massive sling now. He is wearing XXXL shirts over the sling because he cannot move his arm. So, last night when Sue and I were finished telling Jack goodnight, he asked for Brent to come in and tell him one last story. Brent went in and told him a story and leaned down to give him a last kiss for the night. It was dark, and Jack said, "Like this, Daddy?" Brent wasn't sure what he was talking about, so he looked a little closer and Jack had one arm pulled under his shirt next to his body just like Brent. He really is turning into a Daddy's boy, and it sure is sweet!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hey Amy,
I enjoyed reading your blog. Love the picture of Jack on the top of your blog.
You can stop by our house any time. We would love for you to meet Daniel. I try to take naps during Alex's nap time, but that's the only time when we all rest.
Your quotes about Jack's vocabulary are really cute! By the way, here's a photo of a very egg-like eggplant: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alaina/1052924242/ (they were originally white, hence the name, I think.)
Love your new words, Jack! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment