Because we live in Starkville, sometimes I worry that Jack will not know the things that I love and that make me who I am, so I make every effort to tell him about my roots. Generally, Brent is supportive of this, but when it comes to teaching him about great college sports, we do end up at odds. I have taught Jack the LSU fight song and tell him stories of the great LSU traditions. He's been to a few sporting events at MSU against LSU, but he hasn't experienced as much LSU as I would like. I'm never sure if I'm really getting through. He does like "the tiger song," but on occasion he will shout, "Go LSU Bulldogs!" That does give me heartache, but it must be confusing! Poor thing!(These pictures are from our visit with Mike in July. Nobody can tell me that is not one beautiful animal and a much cooler mascot than most!)
So, this morning, I was pleased to get the following text message from a good friend of ours, Jeff Adkerson. It said, "You will be proud to know, Em saw an LSU Tiger and said, 'It's a tiger, like Jack Fountain wears.' She now associates Jack as a Tiger fan. Mission accomplished." I think I shed a tear when I got this message. Mission accomplished, indeed!We will be taking Jack to his first LSU game at Tiger Stadium in a couple of weeks. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!


No comments:
Post a Comment