Saturday, July 19, 2008

No more crib!


The time has come for yet another milestone. Here's how it happened....Last night we had dinner at the Hill's house. Layla is 4 and Ashlyn is 2. They were our neighbors for Jack's first 26 months of life, and last night was our first visit at their new house. In their new house, Ashlyn has a big-girl bed that we oooh'd and ahhh'd over. So, this morning, Jack said, "I want my bed to be a big bed." And, so it is. We converted the crib to a toddler bed. He napped well in it this afternoon and now he is dreaming away (as pictured above.) So far, so good. We'll see how long it takes for him to realize that we aren't able to keep him confined.
Another first happened this afternoon. Jack had chocolate milk for the first time. Brent and I went to see the new Batman movie. I got a babysitter who knows Jack from daycare. (We never get babysitters; this was a treat for us!) When we got home, Jack said, "I got chocolate." Christa said she gave him chocolate milk. She said that when he said, "Ooooh! That's good!" she wondered if he wasn't supposed to have it. (In her defense, I cleaned out the fridge yesterday morning so the fridge was nice and empty and the Hersey's syrup was sitting right next to his cup. I'm sure it looked like we use it often.) So, he had chocolate milk for the first time, and apparently he liked it A LOT!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: