Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's in his kiss!


There is so much to say; I just don't know where to start. So, I decided to start with some of my favorite pictures from the past few months....here they are. (The 3 pics above are at Jazz Fest.)

We spent the last weekend in April at International Festival in Lafayette and then spent the first weekend in May in NOLA at Jazz Fest. In Lafayette, we enjoyed the festival and the time with my family. We also got to see an old friend and her family, Kristine, Vance, and Kate Morton. On our way to NOLA, we stayed in Mandeville for one night to visit my Aunt Laura Lee and cousin Lisa. We enjoyed our visit with them. In New Orleans we got to meet Aika Lankard. The Lankards are lifelong family friends, and Aika lives in Japan with her mom and dad. Jack is only 11 days older than Aika, but he is tall and she is so petite, they were quite mismatched. It was really sweet to see them together, though.
Then, we spent the rest of the weekend with our friends the Lagraizes. Jack really enjoyed trying to keep up with Avery! Avery was very sweet to him! We all went to JazzFest together on Saturday with my family. I think the highlight for Jack was the snowball that Nana (my Aunt Anna) shared with him. (In fact, that night, as we said our bedtime prayers, I got things started with prayers for the fun day with friends...blah, blah...and Jack said, "And for the snowball with Nana." So sweet!) After Jazz Fest Saturday night we ate dinner at Cafe Degas where my Uncle Paul is a chef. It was a fabulous ending to a terrific day! Then, on Sunday, Leah and I took the boys to Storyland. It was a great weekend. I know it will be crazy next year when Eli is able to keep up with them!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: