This is the question I've been dreading. I've thought several times that I should ask friends and do some research on how to answer it, because I figured it was only a matter of time before he asked. Well, I didn't do my homework, and he asked. The conversation went something like this:
Jack: "Mommy, can we make fish fingers?" (I'm not sure what prompted this. He was in the bathtub. We've never made fish fingers??)
Me: "Well, not tonight, but maybe some other time."
Jack: "After my baby brother is out of your tummy?"
Me: "Sure. We can do it sometime after the baby is here."
Jack: "When is he going to come out of your tummy?"
Me: "In August. It is still a few months away."
Jack: "When you spit him out?"
Me: "Well, no. I'm not going to spit him out?" (Maybe this is where I went wrong.)
Jack: "Then how is he going to come out?"
Me: "The doctor is going to help me get him out."
That seemed to satisfy him. He did go on and ask a few questions about who my doctor is and if I was going to get a cast. I told him I didn't think I would need a cast because I wasn't going to have any broken bones. That pretty much ended the conversation. I guess it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Thankfully, he didn't probe for any additional details about the baby's exit from my womb. (Feel free to leave a comment if you have any suggestions should this question arise again later!)
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I think that was the best answer. Simple and true.
I love this story. All your stories-- Jack is so cute. And sweet. he will be an awesome big brother.
Oh my!! That is too funny. I love that he thought you might have a cool cast or something out of the deal!!
I love that you are gonna "spit it out!" Spoken a true BOY.
Post a Comment