Jack's first day in his new class was Wednesday. Apparently two-year-olds are big kids! They eat in the lunchroom, use the potty, give up pacifiers, and play on the big playground. That's a lot for mommy and daddy all at once, but Jack seems to love it! Yesterday when I picked him up, he left screaming at the top of his lungs, "I don't want to go!!!" He cried the whole way home. So, I think he really likes his new class. His teacher said that he is doing really well with potty training; the first day, she said he went everytime they took him (which is every 45 minutes.) She said if he continues at this rate, she'll be ready to try out big boy underwear around the first week in September! (I'm not holding my breath for that, but it would be great to not have to buy diapers anymore.)
I was a little worried about naptime without the pacifier, but Ms. Janice said he has taken great naps with no problems. Now we just need to make that leap at bedtime at home!
Thursday evening, we had pancakes and bacon for dinner. (Yes, that was our 9th anniversary. Not a fine dinner out, but the pancakes were heart shaped.) After requesting another piece of bacon, Jack said, "Thank you. I'm welcome." So, he seems to be getting the hang of using good manners, and he covers all of his bases.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Jack, you're growing faster than I'm keeping up. Thanks for posting your pictures and stuff! I'm looking here everyday for more.
Love you and your Mommy and Daddy and Gracie and Merlin.
Grumps
Post a Comment