Monday, October 6, 2008

My First LSU game!





It has been a few weeks since my last post, and a lot has been going on in the Fountain house during the month of September! After the Gusav evacuees left, Brent had shoulder surgery. We stayed home that weekend and went to the MSU-SLU football game, but we have been on the go every weekend since! One of Brent's closest childhood friends was home from Iraq for R&R, and his wife had a party for him in Natchez. We were able to see a lot Brent's friends that we don't get to see very often. The next weekend, I spent the weekend in Lafayette with my close girlfriends from high school. Below is a picture of us. Can you believe it has been 15 years since we graduated?!
When I got to work Monday morning, I felt a kidney stone coming on. I am now quite the expert and know the pain immediately. I spent the afternoon back and forth between the doctor's office and the hospital wishing someone would just shoot me. After 4 visits to the outpatient cattle call at the hospital over 3 days, I had outpatient surgery (lithotripsy) on Wednesday. The procedure wasn't bad at all, but missing three days of work set me back a bit.
The following weekend we all headed back to Louisiana for the LSU-MSU football game. It was Jack's first trip to Tiger Stadium!! We had a great time! LSU beat MSU 34-24, but I think everyone thought MSU put up a much bigger fight than anyone expected. It was a good game. The next day, Brent and I went to the Saints-49ers game in NOLA. Jack played with Grandmommy and Ms. Jananne. The Saints won; it was a good game, too! It was a long drive and a late night getting home....and we did it again this weekend!! I'll post the update from this weekend later...right now it is time for bed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: